The Skill Builder: Handgun Basics course is for those of you that have already completed the Handgun Basics course, or who need to obtain the required practice session prior to advancing to the Concealed Carry 1 course. Even those of you that have not been to the Basics course in while will benefit from this!
This course is all about the shooting fundamentals, refinement, and guided practice under the watchful eye of our instruction team. No lecture session.
This LIVE FIRE course is taught by highly skilled and experienced instructors who love their work. They all know the importance of starting out right; and they all want to help you build a solid foundation so that you will be able to fully enjoy the shooting sports for a long time.
- Real Life Firearms Safety Rules
- Safe handling of a handgun (loading, loading, and shooting)
- Stance, grip, sights, trigger management
- Basic shooting fundamentals
For this class, you will need to following:
- Your NY State Pistol Permit
- A working handgun (listed on your permit)
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing and footwear
- Water if required or needed
- Attendance in or completion of the Handgun Basics course or another basic fundamental course.