The Skill Builder: CCW1 course is for those of you that have already completed the Concealed Carry 1 course, or who need to obtain the required practice session prior to advancing to the Concealed Carry 2 course. Even those of you that have not been to the CCW1 course in while will benefit from this!
This course is all about the shooting fundamentals, refinement, and guided practice under the watchful eye of our instruction team. No lecture session.
This LIVE FIRE course is taught by highly skilled and experienced instructors who love their work. They all know the importance of starting out right; and they all want to help you build a solid foundation so that you will be able to fully enjoy the shooting sports for a long time.
Even if you have done other training or shoot a lot, you may want to consider this class to shake the rust off or refine your skills more. You can never practice or train enough.
Note: As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with. For more information, please visit the following page: https://www.safeinrochester.com/serpa.php or email us.
In this course, you will get more repetitions of the following:
- Presentation (Drawing) skills
- Trigger control for multiple shots
- Malfunctions and stoppage clearing procedures
- Lateral movement and engagement
For this course, you will need the following equipment:
- Eye and ear protection
- A working, reliable, DEFENSIVE-oriented firearm (Must be listed on your NY Permit)
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- 3 magazines or speedloaders with holders
- A quality, strong-side, belt-mounted type holster (NO shoulder holsters)
- A sturdy belt to hold your holster and magazine pouch
- Comfortable range appropriate footwear and clothing
Attendance in or successful completion of the Concealed Carry 1 course.