No one should be without the education that it takes to safely own a handgun. This Handgun Basics course is designed for those of you who want to start learning how to shoot and how to develop the right mindset for the responsible gun owner. There is no need for any prior experience to participate, although more experienced shooters have taken the class and ended up learning some very valuable skills.
In this LIVE FIRE course, we will answer important questions regarding your handgun and how it works, we will teach you how to shoot safely, efficiently and effectively, we will talk about the laws of having a gun and more!
This LIVE FIRE course is taught by highly skilled and experienced instructors who love their work. They all know the importance of starting out right; and they all want to help you build a solid foundation so that you will be able to fully enjoy the shooting sports for a long time.
You do not need a holster for this course. The Handgun Basics course is all about teaching you how to shoot the handgun. Then, in the Concealed Carry 1, or CCW1, you will learn how to carry, draw, and shoot.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to attend the Concealed Carry 1 course. See here for details about it: https://www.safeinrochester.com/courses.php?id=1
THIS COURSE CAN BE USED AS PROOF OF TRAINING WHEN APPLYING FOR A FLORIDA NON RESIDENT PERMIT
- Real Life Firearms Safety Rules
- Safe handling of a handgun, including loading, unloading, and firing
- A proper stance, grip, sight alignment, and trigger control
- The basic fundamentals of handgun shooting
- An overview of personal defense laws and situations
- Safe storage
- Various concealment methods and equipment suggestions
- How to get involved in shooting sports and how to further your firearms education
For this class, you will need the following items:
- A NY State Pistol Permit
- A working firearm (Must be listed on your NY Permit)
- 100 rounds of ammunition (MINIMUM)
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather-appropriate clothing and footwear
- A notebook
- Water, snacks, and a lunch.
If you do not have any of the above items or have questions about anything, please contact us before registering