Introduction To Shotgun Sports
Jim Catalfamo is a National Sporting Clays Association (NSCA) Level 1 certified instructor and teaches lessons for:
- Shotgun Basics
- Introduction To Sporting Clays
RPD, LLC offers the area’s largest group of professional, fully certified, experienced, and insured NRA and SAFTD instructors. Rochester Personal Defense, LLC offers a full complement of firearms, self-defense and pistol permit training classes for private citizens and Law Enforcement. The instructors at Rochester Personal Defense, LLC have taught thousands of men, women, and children with a simple philosophy: we will work with you in any way that benefits you and ensures you get the most out of your self defense training.
Courses include: Handgun, rifle, and shotgun training; Women’s only courses; Youth handgun training, NYS Permit courses; Multi-state permit courses; and more!
Each instructor progresses through our own intense instructor development program so that the main idea and values of Rochester Personal Defense, LLC are maintained. Our instructors’ educations are not just from books. They have experienced real life; and they bring that knowledge to the classroom for your benefit..
Our methods are used as models of training for many different processes. From basic firearms training to court systems, the sound principles behind our training concepts produce real, life-changing results. We provide a simple, proven, training method which can be built upon so that you may quickly and easily move from the beginner level up through to an advanced level in order to develop the skills needed to go home safe every night.
Contact us at www.rochesterpersonaldefense.com or call us at 585-406-6758. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes on Pistol, Rifle, and Handloading Ammunition
Charles Moyer is a Level III International coach NCDS (National Coach Development Staff) – NRA, USA Shooting, CMP. Classes:
- Pistol/Rifle: 8-30 hours (depending on course)
- Handloading: 8 hours
- (Fees involved and vary depending upon the course)
For more information, contact Charles Moyer via e-mail at: email@example.com
Handgun and Home Firearms Safety Classes & Lessons
Dan Pitler is a NRA certified instructor offering instruction on handguns and home firearms safety.
For more information and to schedule a session, contact Dan Pitler via e-mail at: Dpitler1@rochester.rr.com
See our site’s Upcoming Events page for a list of this year’s Handgun Orientation class dates.
These are some widely accepted guidelines regarding firearm safety. Consult a qualified trainer according to your needs.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
- Always keep your firearm unloaded and the action open until you are preparing to shoot.
- Always keep the firearm’s safety on until you are prepared to shoot.
- Always keep you finger outside the trigger guard until you are prepared to shoot.
- Always follow multiple safety practices – like all the ones above – so that if you forget one or one fails, the others have a chance to save your or someone else’s bacon.
- Always confirm your target and check what is beyond your target.
- Always unload your firearm when climbing or jumping.
- Always avoid alcohol or other drugs before or during the use of a firearm.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when using a firearm.
- Always check that the barrel and action are free of obstructions and that you have the proper ammunition for the firearm.
- Always shoot at appropriate targets – avoid shooting at a flat, hard surface or water.